ADVISORY: The Division of Family and Children Services State Advisory Board holds first meeting Monday
WHO: The Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) State Advisory Board
WHEN: Monday, May 9, from 1-4 p.m.
WHERE: 2 Peachtree Street NW, Atlanta, Ga 30303, 29th floor boardroom
WHAT: The State Advisory Board will hold its first meeting to elect a Chairperson and other officers, and will establish committees as deemed necessary.
The Board will review and make recommendations regarding issues relating to the protection of children and the welfare and public assistance functions of the Division.
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 49-2-19, the State Advisory Board shall consist of 20 members appointed by the Governor as follows:
- One representative from each of the 15 DFCS regions; and
- Five members who are either state legislators or representatives from the fields of:
- Child welfare;
- Former youth in foster care;
- Public health or behavioral health and developmental disabilities;
- Private child welfare care provider; or
- Juvenile justice.
The appointed members are as follows:
- Region 1: Delaine Hunter – Ringgold, GA
- Region 2: Kathy Cooper – Flowery Branch, GA
- Region 3: Tina Bartleson – Rome, GA
- Region 4: Emily Cole – Carrollton, GA
- Region 5: Octavia Fugerson – Athens, GA
- Region 6: Dr. Columbus Watkins – Macon, GA
- Region 7: Rep. Barbara Sims – Augusta, GA
- Region 8: Belva Dorsey – Columbus, GA
- Region 9: Roger Bryant – Montrose, GA
- Region 10: Tommy Hill – Albany, GA
- Region 11: Rodney Griffin – Chula, GA
- Region 12: Cathy Atkins – Hinesville, GA
- Region 13: Meredith Ramaley – Smyrna, GA
- Region 14: Toni Oliver – College Park, GA
- At large: Judy Manning – Marietta, GA
- At large: Lee B. Heery – St. Simons Island, GA
- At large: Cindy England – Athens, GA
- At large: Dr. Michelle Zeanah – Statesboro, GA
- At large: Emily Brantley – Suwanee, GA
For more information or questions regarding the State Advisory Board, please contact LaMarva Ivory at: LaMarva.Ivory@dhs.ga.gov.