The Division of Family and Children Services’ (DFCS) Emergency Management unit ensures the capability to continue essential DFCS functions during natural disasters and/or unforeseen events through a partnership with the DFCS Director and the DFCS State Emergency Management Coordinator.
The Emergency Management unit aims to:
- Ensure the continuous operation of DFCS during a natural disaster and/or unforeseen event;
- Protect essential facilities, equipment, records, and other agency assets;
- Mitigate loss of life, and minimize damage and loss to facilities;
- Oversee state disaster sheltering and other humanitarian efforts; and
- Achieve a timely and orderly recovery from a natural disaster and/or unforeseen event.
DFCS currently partners with the following organizations in times of natural disasters and/or unforeseen events.