1-800-CHILDREN Helpline is an information and referral line for people who are concerned about the healthy development of children and the prevention of child abuse and neglect. Callers can talk to a trained individual who cares and wants to help.
The Helpline Is:
- Toll Free
- A safe place to discuss options
- Open Monday to Friday, from
- 8 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Professionally staffed
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- A source of information
The Helpline Is NOT:
- A hotline or crisis line
- A function of DFCS
- Where child abuse reports are taken
The Helpline Serves:
- Foster Parents
- Survivors of Abuse
- Friends or Relatives
- Crime Victims
- Faith Communities
- Individuals from all socio-economic levels living
- Urban, suburban, and rural communities in Georgia
Why People Call:
- Parenting support
- Counseling and support groups
- Referrals for legal needs
- Grandparent issues
- Child abuse and prevention information
- Concern about well-being of a child or family member
- Family violence concerns
- Community resources for emergency assistance
- Resources for special needs children
The Helpline is professionally staffed by operators from Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies and operates Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For agencies to join the Helpline Database, click here for the resource and referral submission form.