Hurricane Sally: Food Stamp Benefits Replacement
Constituents that experience a food loss due to power outages of 4 hours or more may receive replacement benefits within 10 days. click here.to your local DFCS office. For DFCS office locations,
Administrative Review Appeals Process
DFCS has an Administrative Review process in which the substantiated caretaker can appeal any abuse and/or neglect decision from March 20, 1998 through June 30, 2016. This process includes two review levels.
The Administrative Review occurs on three levels:
- Level One:
- Conducted by the DFCS Regional offices via a desk review.
- If the Regional office disagrees with the original decision, the requestor will receive notification that the case decision will be changed.
- If the original case determination is upheld, the notification letter will include the Regional office’s findings.
- Level Two:
- If the requestor would like a second-level review, the second-level is conducted by an Administrative Review Officer (ARO) who is external to DFCS.
- The requestor will be given the option of having a Desk Review or a Face-to-Face review.
- The ARO will issue a recommendation to either uphold or to overturn the case decision.
- Level Three:
- The Department of Family & Children Services Division Director or his or her designee will then review the recommendation and render a final written decision.
- The Division Directors written decision is final.
If you require any additional information about the Administrative Review appeal process, please contact your local DFCS office.