Employment Preparation Academy
The Employment Preparation Academy programming provides the opportunity for current foster youth ages 14 years and older to gain pertinent employment preparation information such as obtaining a Georgia State Issued ID, on-boarding documentation review and more through virtual informational sessions and guest panels. As a pertinent piece of gaining employment, it is imperative that our youth and their supporters are equipped with the knowledge to surpass hurdles specific to Georgia’s foster youth. For more information regarding this service please email [email protected].
Participation in this program is contingent upon registration via Sign Up Genius. All of the following eligibility requirements must be met to participate in the Academy:
- Must be ages 14 years and older
- Must be a youth currently in foster care within Georgia
- All participants MUST register via the link provided below
To register, click here.
The Skills to Assets programming will afford Georgia’s current foster youth ages 15-18 years old the opportunity to advance their knowledge and skill set surrounding youth employment. This program will be conducted virtually using the Zoom communications platform – no participants will report to any physical worksite for the 2022 program year. Over the course of 11 weeks, Skills to Assets will host weekly trainings with the goal of providing an experience that will help transition participants into successful, independent young adults by arming them with viable employment skills and a supportive mentoring experience. Participation in this program is contingent upon eligibility status and the submission of an online application and required supporting documentation.
All of the following eligibility requirements must be met to be considered for acceptance:
- Must be a youth currently in the custody of the Georgia Division of Family & Children Services
- Must be between the ages of 15-18 years old on June 1, 2022
- Will not turn 19 years old prior to July 15, 2022
- Must reside in the state of Georgia
- Must possess a valid State of Georgia photo ID
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or have an employment authorization card
All youth, regardless of previous participation, MUST apply via the online application.