The Georgia Food Stamp Program (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), is a federally-funded program that provides monthly benefits to low-income households to help pay for the cost of food. A household may be one (1) person living alone, a family, or several unrelated individuals cohabitating who routinely purchase and prepare meals together.


  • Get Prepared

  • Create and Submit an Application

    Create and submit your SNAP application: 

    Food stamps in other languages























    ह िंदी



















    Tiếng Việt  




    Request a paper application by visiting your local DFCS office or by calling the Customer Contact Center at 1.877.423.4746.

    An application is considered filed when it has the name of the head of household, address, date, and signature of the head of household or another household member, and is received by DFCS.

  • The Interview

    After your application is filed, you or a member of your household must participate in a phone interview conducted by a case manager at DFCS. The person who is interviewed must know about your household situation and be ready to answer questions related to your household situation.

    Senior SNAP is a simplified application process designed to make it easier for seniors to receive SNAP benefits. For elderly/disabled individuals who cannot be present at a DFCS office, an interview may be completed by telephone.

    Questions, issues or concerns? Please contact Constituent Services.

    Special Notices

    For EBT cards issued between 2009 and June 2013 
    This information applies only to SNAP households with active EBT cards issued between 2009 and June 2013.

    The phone number on EBT cards for the DFCS Call Center has changed. The correct phone number is 1-877-423-4746. If your card was issued between 2009 and June 2013, DO NOT call the DFCS Call Center number listed on the card. You may request a new EBT card with the corrected DFCS Call Center number by calling 1-888-421-3281. 

    Please note that once a new card is requested, your current card will no longer work. Please exercise caution when sharing personal information over the phone. Be sure you are speaking with someone who identifies themselves as an employee of the Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS), the Department of Human Services (DHS) or Georgia EBT before sharing any personal information.

    Non-Discrimination Statement

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture,
      Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights,
      1400 Independence Avenue, SW,
      Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
    2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

    You may also file a complaint of discrimination by contacting the DFCS Civil Rights Program, Two Peachtree Street, N.W., Suite 19-248, Atlanta, Georgia 30303 or call (404) 657-3735 or fax (404) 463-3978. For limited English proficient and sensory impaired services, contact the DHS Limited English Proficiency and Sensory Impaired Program at: Two Peachtree Street, N.W., Suite 29-103 N.W., Atlanta, GA 30303 or call (404)-657-5244 or fax (404)-651-6815.

    Contact DFCS Constituent Service

    Family Independence Online Contact Form - for issues related to Georgia Gateway, Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Card, Energy Assistance, Food Stamps/SNAP, Medicaid or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).

    Mail to:

    2 Peachtree St NW
    19th Floor
    Atlanta, GA 30303
    United States